This is a basic guide on the process of upgrading Redis (this might be required because a new version is required by a Magento upgrade, though we may chose to upgrade Redis for other reasons).
- You need to know the version of Redis you are going to be upgrading to.
- SSH access
Upgrading Redis on a development instance
- Create a new instance.
- Edit the settings of the instance, set the Redis version to the one desired. Then click "save" (uncheck the box to sync affected components).
- Completely recreate the instance. (DONT do this on PROD) (unpushed code and DB changes will be lost)
- Open ssh and run
- You can now test the instance to see if it runs correctly on the updated Redis.
Upgrading Redis on production
N.B before proceeding ensure you cannot see "Go Live" on your production instance. If you can please stop and seek MDOQ support.
- Select productio
- Select settings => Redis.
- Enable / change to the appropriate version. click save
- Click Sync,
click "enable advanced mode"
check "only synchronize selected components"
- Click "Sync".
- Once complete check the site.