The document describes the policy MDOQ adopts to manage SSH access to the physical servers within our control.
- No direct SSH access to pyhsical servers, SSH access to a server can only be achieved from our bastion servers. This is controlled by firewall rules on the server.
- No root SSH access to servers (this includes bastions). This is controlled by disabling root ssh login in sshd conf.
- No password SSH access to servers (this includes bastions). SSH access can only be obtain via SSH keys authenication with a key length equal to or greater than 4096.
- No account sharing, each MDOQ operative will have their own account.
- Only specific members of MDOQ staff have SSH access.
- SSH keys are rotated every 90 days.
- SSH access to bastion servers is limited to select IP addresses. This is controlled by firewall rules on the server.
- Servers are configured and maintained through Infrastrucutre as code (IAC), the repos behind this are restricted and require approval before changes can be deployed.