To install a Magento extension you will need an MDOQ instance. If you don't know how to roll up an instance click here.
This guide assumes you have:
- an active MDOQ account
- installed MDOQ Connector
- Created a new MDOQ instance
There are 3 main ways to install a Magento extension using MDOQ.
- Archive (Tar/Zip/Gz)
- MDOQ Trusted Modules
Install via Composer (preferred)
Most commercial marketplaces and Magento vendors will provide Composer installation details. There is a simple process to connect Composer Repositories to your Magento application. Once you have your composer access keys configured simply carry out the following steps.
- Click 'Tool Belt' > 'Actions' > 'Install Module' and in the input field under 'Install a Composer module' enter your module name then click 'Search'
- When you see your module appear in the search results simply click 'Install' to the right
- Enter a message to accompany your commit to source control
- You can also enable production mode at this point which will run the bin/magento commands unattended.
That's it! This will use Composer to install the module, make the relevant commit to source control meaning you can now test this instance.