Using an Elasticsearch snapshot can dramatically reduce instance creation time, the bigger the catalog the more time saved.
You can use a snapshot from your production Elasticsearch, this guide will cover using on from an instance, though the final steps are the same in either case.
- MDOQ Cli - Setup
- Create an instance (this will cause a reindex to occur when the instance is created)
- (optional) If you have additional commands to run that alter the data inside Elasticsearch, run them now.
- Select your instance and navigate to "Toolbelt" > "Snapshots"
- Click "Run Backup" and wait for it to complete.
- Once complete download the snapshot.
You can list the backups available with:
mdoq backups:list --instance-id=INSTANCE_ID --backup-type=elasticsearch-snapshot
You can then download with:
mdoq backups:download --instance-id=INSTANCE_ID --backup-type=elasticsearch-snapshot --name=BACKUP_NAME
- You can then push this backup to your parent instance (hosted or live connector)
mdoq backups:push --instance-id=PARENT_INSTANCE_ID --backup-type=elasticsearch-snapshot --file=PATH_TO_BACKUP
- You can then recreate the development instance, within the logs for the Elasticsearch component you should see "importing snapshot" and then "snapshot imported"